PDA

View Full Version : do those shocks really work??

jocktheglide
02-10-2004, 09:23 PM
I got to see some good pics of the tlt and noticed the shocks are on the chassis? One part on end of the chassis and another on the same chassis plate how does it flex or compress then????? it looks like the shock is just stuck on the plates for looks?

pkh
02-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by jocktheglide
I got to see some good pics of the tlt and noticed the shocks are on the chassis? One part on end of the chassis and another on the same chassis plate how does it flex or compress then????? it looks like the shock is just stuck on the plates for looks?
Yep, they really work, and they are oil filled!

Top end bolts to a cantilever (other side of the canti is attached to the axle) and the bottom end bolts to the chassis.

Here's a pic with the shock extended...

pkh
02-10-2004, 09:34 PM
...and a shot of it comrpessed...

jocktheglide
02-10-2004, 09:44 PM
ahhh thx for the pics pkh man you did it quick too great response. What servo you running by any chance? im waiting on ultimatehobbies.com to get more in.

pkh
02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm just using the standard Airtronics servo that came with my AM TX. It's a 94102Z. Plenty of torque with stock tires, and I think should be able to handle larger ones as well. I'm still waiting :o on my Wild Willy 2 tires/wheels to come in, so I can't say for sure...