PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to fellow racers at Indy Slots

cjrenick
01-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone this past Fri. for their help. This was my first time racing and only the second time running my micro. It is great to have people to so willing to help out newbies like my self. Special thanks to Sabastian(I think that is his name, I was pitting next to him) and I did not caught the other guys name, but he was there with his son and he had broke both dogbones. Thanks again to all!!! Also, I was wondering what people suggest for batteries and gear size running in stock class?

Thanks

CarpetMuncher
01-18-2004, 10:47 AM
I think you're talking about John (the guy with his son). Sabastian is Steve Trebing (a.k.a. body painter extraordinaire!). Were you running HPI or that X-Ray (sorry, I didn't keep good track of everybody downstairs--we need pit space ;)). If it's X-Ray use 17T pinion only; the larger ones will fry motors. I think Ed would be best to chime in on HPI.

I feel the same way about the Indy Slots group you do. I hope it continues to build and stays so friendly.

microed
01-18-2004, 05:12 PM
I ran an 11 tooth pinion on my HPI stock class racer. As far as batteries I would use 2/3 a size cells as they offer a little more punch than most AA or AAA size cells.