PDA

View Full Version : what do u guys think

camarillonovice
01-14-2004, 08:20 PM
what do u guys perfer a hoped up micro rs4 or a xray m18

crusader4x
01-14-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm sure that most will probably disagree with me but I like my Micro RS4 better than the M18... only slightly.
Let me add though that my Micro RS4 has quite a few mods to it and for me, it is much more fun to play with.
So, my $0.02 is for the MRS4 but only because of personal preference and not any large technical reasons, which I'm sure you'll see many more opinions on in this thread.

hpidriver
01-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Right now I prefer my micro over the M18 because there are so many more parts for it. I have heard how the M18 handles great, but I'm sure I can beat an M18 simply on the fact that my micro is hopped up very nicely for racing. I plan on getting an M18 once there are a good amount of parts for it.

camarillonovice
01-14-2004, 09:16 PM
ya i have the rs4 with a 300 motor and six cell and its fast but my xray is way better because it handles so much better with a elite coreless and six cell and my rs4 has lots of hop ups on it but xrays have beaten it so i am goin to go with the xray from personal experience

Raydee
01-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Xray, even without the hopups my Micro RS4 had it still has faster and has more consistant lap times.

ELF
01-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Honestly I like both. I think from a stock perspective, the XRAY is just a little better handling than the MRS4. I certainly like the diffs better than the MRS4's stock ones.

If I'm racing this summer here in the seattle area (assuming there's enough micros around to race against officially), I hope it will be a stock-class using the XRay.

crusader4x
01-16-2004, 02:37 AM
If I'm racing this summer here in the seattle area (assuming there's enough micros around to race against officially), I hope it will be a stock-class using the XRay.

Where in Seattle do you race? I live in the Portland, OR area and, would consider the 3 hour drive to race in Seattle.

Team LoBo
01-19-2004, 08:25 AM
As far as racing goes, here is a little info.

Last night was Pottbelly's Mini Nats. Open micro had about 30 enteries (A thru C mains). 8 of the 10 cars in the A main were Xrays. The best HPI car finished 5th. The RS4 is just as fast as the XRay, but it just cant move through the infield like it. I ran an elite mod and even though I had to move over for the big block RS4's I still was able to drive the infield smoother and faster than them, and I ended up qualifing 4th in the A. Unfortunately I DNF'd in the main:( .

LtB
01-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Team LoBo
Unfortunately I DNF'd in the main:( .
Let me guess: Your servo broke?

ELF
01-19-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by crusader4x

Where in Seattle do you race? I live in the Portland, OR area and, would consider the 3 hour drive to race in Seattle.
Well, Atomic Hobbies has promised a micro class this year but you never know with these guys. I think Rain City (up in Lynnwood, another 20 miles) might have micro racing on their indoor track.

What we really need is 5+ dedicated micro folks to race and thus force a class to exist. I'm in (as a novice, but who cares) but I don't know too many folks over here that have micros. I may be able to convince one other person.

Rxdiracing2003
01-19-2004, 10:35 AM
I like the micro better. Mor parts for it.

Team LoBo
01-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by LtB

Let me guess: Your servo broke?

nope, my servo is fine, I use a servo saver.

I went out because an impatient driver decided it was easier to drive THROUGH me instead of around me, and moved my motor in the process.

just a note. THe different number of ways that people used to run bigblocks in this race was quite amazing. Some used Losi transmission gears that were hollowed out to allow the stock spur to fit inside of them. Some used the HPI micro gear and mounted a battery bar inside of it to give it a flat for the shaft, then opened the bottom of the chassis for it to fit. Then others mounted the moter slot car style (at an angle) to fit a smaller pinion. 1st place used the HPI ball diff gear, 2nd place used the slot car style mounting.

patcollins
01-19-2004, 12:09 PM
What and idea!

RadiShack
01-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Honestly I like both x ray and hpi equally well...I have had my HPI since 2 months after it came out!And got my X ray for x mas!But I have to admit x ray is a better car!Speed wise and handleing wise.
________
MEDICAL CANNABIS (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)