PDA

View Full Version : Shaft drive

RC Jeff
05-01-2002, 09:01 PM
How about a shaft driven 4wd conversion? come on, I know someone must be working on one. It would be much more durable than the thin little belts.

jw_j
05-02-2002, 02:28 AM
not a bad idea... although shaft drive would cause the micro to not be so micro, if you could figure out how to put the shaft in the middle, though you could probably do it, you would have to move the motor and everything between the decks, it would be alot of work but it would be faster

TGRupert
05-02-2002, 02:34 AM
My Idea is HPI could use a Pan chassis and have the shaft go where the upper deck is.

jw_j
05-03-2002, 01:45 AM
not a bad idea, i wonder if the nitro micro is shaft or belt driven... perhaps i could convert my micro to nitro by dropping in an HPI star .15 fe

MicroDude
05-03-2002, 07:20 AM
Heheh, use a heli engine :D:eek:

jw_j
05-05-2002, 07:37 AM
lol, thats almost what my new car runs on... .21, i got it friday... i dropped another 600 into the hobby, heh, ive started it twice and nearly ripped my arm off both times, its goin to the track today so i can get some help breakin it in

Mykroe
05-12-2002, 03:10 PM
The Mini X is a cool shaft driven car, the Next DTM will be shaft driven

ricerocketinwa
05-24-2002, 02:16 AM
If the MINI X can do it, then the Micro should be able too. I hate the belt. The only belt driven car I have liked is my Losi XXXS, because it is one belt and all enclosed.

Mykroe
05-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Someone needs to just size down the TC3 and the E-Maxx. The E-Maxx would be like that M-Maxx joke...that would be sweet.

ricerocketinwa
05-27-2002, 12:49 PM
The Mini X is almost a mini TC3. The only difference is the shaft goes out both ends of the motor, so it is a mid engine car. Check out my homepage, and you can see pics of the Mini X.

Bbot21
06-04-2002, 04:04 AM
Yeah ricerocketinwa, with that and TGRupert's idea, the Micro could be a true rally racer!

One can complain about the car being too top heavy, but micro motors arn't heavy compared to batteries.

ricerocketinwa
06-04-2002, 07:45 AM
I have a TC3 I just got in a trade, and it came with the rally conversion kit. It's all together right now, after 2 weeks of buying new parts and ripping it apart to clean it. I really like the shaft idea. The only belt car I have owned and liked is my Losi XXXS which I still have. I like it because it is a single belt, and it is all inclosed. I hate how HPI's belts are exsposed, and the get so dirty and worn out fast. I haven't even ran my Micro a whole hell of allot and the belt is worn already. (Oh, I once had a Buggy from Losi that had a belt that ran from motor pinion to the Spur gear.) That car was cool too. I wish I hadn't of gotten rid of it. You don't see buggies with belts any more. It was really quiet. I just hope more cars come out with the shaft design in the future!

Mykroe
06-04-2002, 10:14 PM
ricerocketinwa are you interested in my Kawada Tripmate? If so visit this thread: http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1539

ricerocketinwa
06-05-2002, 01:39 AM
Mykroe, how much do you want for it? And can you email me pic's as your links don't work.

ricerocketinwa@msn.com