PDA

View Full Version : Updates racing your M18...

TFRMicro
01-02-2004, 09:30 PM
How are you guys doing so far with the M18? Any new mods to do on the M18 to gain any performance?

Raydee
01-03-2004, 10:44 AM
So far the M18 has been great for me, I am just witing for the new upgrades to come out and it will be even better.

The aluminum motor plate works pretty nice and takes a lot of the flex out of the motor mount. I am sure the Carbon chassis will be great.

Here is my motor mount and heatsink.

http://users.adelphia.net/~raydee/heatsink.JPG

TFRMicro
01-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Sweet car...man, I want to make a drive down to RC Experience to race with you guys...

One question, do you have enough room to mount the LRP ESC flat between the servo and the motor? I guess no right?

Raydee
01-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Nope! With the regular 180 it is possible but not with the big block. I did that with my Pro stock micro though which has a stock motor and 5 cells.

That would be great to have you down here racing!

ricer4life48
01-04-2004, 12:37 AM
well for me i justr built the kit and now its just sitting there on my work table collecting dust!

i have been working on my drift micro(which is done and iv had to relearn my old technique to get drifting again since my old drift micro got stolen) and have been playing around with that for sometime practicing, cuz that is the only running micro i have right now!

and my long going 540 micro project that i have been spending most of my money on, and after that is done ill go onto my m18 then my 400 micro project again( built three of them and sold three of them! this is just nimber 4 right now) and since penguin made a 400 plate i dont have to dremel out some arm motor plates!! and itll look clean too!

will post pics when i get my hands on a digi cam at school!

Rotary Rocket
01-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Raydee,

Where can I buy one of those alum motor mounts?

Sweet looking M 18 you got.

Raydee
01-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Here is the link,
http://rs4microshop.de/index.php

supersly_jones
01-04-2004, 07:51 PM
that site still hasn't emailed me back....i really want the mount but can't get ahold of them

Raydee
01-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Weird, they emailed me right away!

Team LoBo
01-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Raydee
Nope! With the regular 180 it is possible but not with the big block. I did that with my Pro stock micro though which has a stock motor and 5 cells.

That would be great to have you down here racing!

Sure you can: (bah, I tried to attach a pic, but it didnt work)

Team LoBo
01-05-2004, 11:31 AM
2nd try

Rotary Rocket
01-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Very nice setup TeamLobo.

What steering servo are you useing?

Also what servo saver do you have?

TFRMicro
01-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Team LoBo
2nd try

Sweet receiver...hehe...

Are you using a digital servo? So you are using the normal response mode right?

havy
01-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Lobo,

Car looks good...

How do you like the lithium Batts? What brand are they? What are you charging them with???

havy

Team LoBo
01-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TFRMicro

Sweet receiver...hehe...

Are you using a digital servo? So you are using the normal response mode right?

its just a HS81mg so yes, normal response. I use digital servos on my 1/8th scale.

Team LoBo
01-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by havy
Lobo,

Car looks good...

How do you like the lithium Batts? What brand are they? What are you charging them with???

havy

not lithium. I just made a quick stick pack of KAN's to see how I liked it.

Team LoBo
01-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Rotary Rocket
Very nice setup TeamLobo.

What steering servo are you useing?

Also what servo saver do you have?

servo saver is kimbrough, took some work to make it fit, hollowed out the chasis underneath, and dremeled the heck out of the servo saver.

CarpetMuncher
01-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Three of us (Team CarpetMunchers) debuted our M18's in the stock micro class tonight at Indy Slots. None of us had ever raced there other than Mini-T's once or twice in the past. In fact, we're all new to RC car racing or coming off many-year layoffs. To make a long story short, we swept both qualifying and the A-main in a nine-car field. Each M18 was different (one understeered heavily but its driver was good enough to win, one had too much front bite resulting in a loose car if too much steering was input, and the other (mine) was nearly perfect. If I weren't a newbie wanker, I should have won it instead of finishing three laps down (winner had 35 laps). We're all friends and worked on the cars together. We had no problems of any kind--this is one excellent piece of engineering.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that we all were using different tires, which I believe accounted for the differences in our cars. I think the driveline is also more efficient than the RS4's, which is all the more critical in a low-torque situation like stock class racing. We definitely had the best straight-line speed, as well as a handling edge. This is a four-cell class and we all used GP 1000 2/3A NiMh cells I got at a local Batteries Plus store.

morati
01-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Just wondering if anybody knows where IPD is located? Thanks in advance!

J Smith
01-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by morati
Just wondering if anybody knows where IPD is located? Thanks in advance!

Somewhere in Canada...

:o

Inferno
01-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Edmonton.