PDA

View Full Version : Runtracers Micro!

Kingtooshy
02-13-2002, 03:34 PM
hey runtracer i was looking at your micro on your site and it looks pretty much stock and ur a good racer so wannted know what radio equpment you used and it would help if you would post some more pics

runtracer
02-17-2002, 01:49 PM
sorry i havent replied to this, i just now saw it, doh! what do want to see pics of. yes the car is almost completly stock, the only things thatve been done to it are steel dogbones, cut chassis, hpi ball dif, front springs from a ball point pen, and it had a shock from a pro2 mounted on it (now there is no shock). its funny because the car is a consistant front runner and there is a total of about $60 in aftermarket stuff in it (dogbones $28 and ball diff $27) everything else is home made. oh, im not sure if this is a big help but its been working so im not changing it; i have no tire foam in the rear (soft) tires. i run autoX in my real car and tire pressure is very important so i left the foam out to lower the "air pressure" for more grip in the rear. seems to be working and tire wear is outstanding.

runtracer
02-17-2002, 02:18 PM
im going to ramble here for a second too. i dont think ive ever lost a race to a better car. when i lose its always to a better driver. either i made a mistake or the other made none. driving good will make you faster than any hopup. a few weeks ago we had an entire field of stock motors and one modified, he finished 5th. then last week i ran a 5 lap qualifing run at 37.4sec, the pole was taken at 34.something- 3secs better than me. i took a closer look at the track and determined a new line, my next run stunned the field at 28sec- 6secs faster than the polesitter and almost 10secs faster than my previous run w/ no changes to the car. so my rule is to look at myself 1st and not think i need the latest and greatest part for my car to be competitive. on my list of upgrades is the adjustable toe in/out steering rod. ill take handling over speed any day.

Kingtooshy
02-18-2002, 08:14 AM
thanx