PDA

View Full Version : Shock idea

Pipeous
12-29-2003, 01:33 PM
I did some mods to the stock shock I thought I would share. It was suggested to me to try dif lube (like we did with the f201's). Problem was that these are not sealed and would leak out.

Here's what I did...

I took the shocks apart. At the top of the shock body there are some holes, one for the pin the hold the cap and an air breather hole (just below and only is on one side, cap pin goes right through). I sealed the air breather hole with some hvy ca and paint brush bristle (easy to cut after glue dried).

For inside, take a vcs shock washer (4 to a package and cheap) and stuff it on the shock shaft closest to threads to help seal the bottom (goes between the rubber slider and the bottom inside).

Put the shock back together and fill with 30,000 weight dif lube.

I did that with both front and rear. I would like to either thin the front down or thicken the back up to be ideal. The suspension actually has good dampening now. Until oil shocks arrive, any of you nitro owner can try this out as you probably have dif lube kicking abouts.

Pipeous
12-31-2003, 02:31 PM
well it still leaks out. slowly yes but it leaks out all the same. oh well back to the hop up board hehe