PDA

View Full Version : Important! Date Change for Delta RC race

hudson5150
12-29-2003, 01:29 AM
I made a mistake in posting the race to be on the 3rd of January. Delta runs off road on that day. The new date is the 4th of January, Sunday. The race is called Hangover Havok and there will be a large turnout. So all you Micro guys out there please come on out and show off your stuff. The entrance fee will be $10. This is a discounted fee from the usual $15 to try to get the Micro seen going there.

We will be running a mod class. 6cell max, 300 size motor max.

I hope to see you all there and if you have any questions please e-mail me @ mhudson5150@hotmail.com. Sorry for any inconvenience.

PATB
12-29-2003, 04:47 PM
My son and I just bought an RTR Micro RS4 (Corvette) and Mini-T from Sheldons for Christmas. We have no previous R/C experience but would like to get serious in the hobby. Can we still join the race just to see what it is like? If so, what is the address of the race track?

Our RTR RS4 is bone stock except for the Team Orion 7.2V that I got from Sheldons. I recently found Tower Hobbies and ordered a Team Orion Big Block and a Duratrax Piranha charger. Hope that would work with the stock setup. I am not sure when I will get the parts, so the car may only have the 7.2V battery as a mod by January 4th. In any event, our driving skills are not so good at the moment, so mods will probably not make a big difference for us.

I am also interested in changing to a pan chassis and replacing some of the parts to aluminum as well. I am just not comfortable with battery placements right now; the team orion battery kinda touches the drive belt. The pan chassis I was looking at (Penguin LM) seems to require a different battery setup. I hope you guys can guide us on what mods to make (I already have the budget for it). Thanks in advance.

hudson5150
12-29-2003, 05:02 PM
http://www.deltarc.com./

This site will give you all the info you need as far as finding the track. If you want to come out and just have some fun go for it.

As far as modding your car, well that is a lot to talk about. Be best if you just came to the race and we could talk about it there.

Here is a few brief mods you mat want to look at:

HPI Steel Dog Bones (front)
Aluminum Front Steering knuckles
Zapped KAN 1050 Saddle pack (battery) from www.blindbatts.com

Otherwise you have the right idea to go with the Penguin Chasis and the charger you are getting is great. Keep in mind that the Big Block motor is the same motor as a Graupner Speed 300 or a Wattage 370. When you are just starting out the Big Block is a good choice because you do not have to solder or worry about capacitors. It does cost about twice as much though. You will need to grind some of the motor pod to get the 300 size motors to fit also.

Hope to see you there.

Penguin r/c
12-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by PATB
The pan chassis I was looking at (Penguin LM) seems to require a different battery setup. I hope you guys can guide us on what mods to make (I already have the budget for it). Thanks in advance.

The P3500 series chassis can use pretty much any battery in any configuration you want to throw at it, The Car comes with a center battery plate which spaces a solid pack such as an Orion or HPI above the belt. The Optional saddle pack mounts are for experimentation and preference for changes in handling.

Brion Sohn
President
Penguin r/c

BLiND
12-29-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm going to try and make it to the race, but no promises.

I have 2 penguin 3500LM chassis that I would be willing to sell. Just ask for blind when/if you get there, I'm 6'5" and will be wearing a blind shirt.

I hope the weather turns for the better, it was an interesting drive from my girlfriends house in socal up to my new place today.

there's also a pretty good chance I will be skiing that weekend, but we'll see ;)

hudson5150
12-29-2003, 07:16 PM
Here is the weather report for Sunday

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USCA0034?dayNum=6

As of now it looks like Sunday will be the only semi clear day that week. Check the weather report before you go, and call Delta RC on Saturday to make sure it is still on. I will not go if it is raining. Otherwise I will be there.

6'5" you sould not be too hard to miss Kevin.

PATB
12-29-2003, 11:24 PM
I will do my best to show up. It is currently on my calendar.

BTW, are there any other local micro races in the Bay Area? I prefer someplace closer to Silicon Valley for a regular event.

ricer4life48
12-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by BLiND
I'm going to try and make it to the race, but no promises.

I have 2 penguin 3500LM chassis that I would be willing to sell. Just ask for blind when/if you get there, I'm 6'5" and will be wearing a blind shirt.

I hope the weather turns for the better, it was an interesting drive from my girlfriends house in socal up to my new place today.

there's also a pretty good chance I will be skiing that weekend, but we'll see ;)

man kev if you were at half moon bay today(12-28) i heard it was mad pouring rain over there! even in daly city it was having flash floods and mad mudslides there! and in napa it is just flooding there too! and over her in vallejo its just one accident after another with all of th eblack ice everywhere! i almost got into an accident here too!

BLiND
12-29-2003, 11:54 PM
yea it was pretty bad, the rain was doing that whole horizontal falling rain thing because of the wind, lol.

sucked getting into the garage, got soaked, especially since I left from socal, so I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt :D

NorcaliDrifter
12-30-2003, 07:15 AM
Would I be able to race my m18? Please...please....oooOoOoO please. Its a weekly event (right?) so ill come the week after cause im in korea right now.:(

BLiND
12-31-2003, 03:31 PM
I've decided to go to the indoor offroad race at Delta on the 3rd instead, I would really love to race my mini-t.

I'll hit onroad the next time you guys meet, depending on how long the drive takes me over there, I'm going to have a long ride up the 680!

ricer4life48
12-31-2003, 03:46 PM
I've decided to go to the indoor offroad race at Delta on the 3rd instead, I would really love to race my mini-t.

I'll hit onroad the next time you guys meet, depending on how long the drive takes me over there, I'm going to have a long ride up the 680!

well the drive fom here in vallejo to antioch is about 30 min.(if your driving 80 most of the way) and the drive from vallejo to half moon bay is about an hour or so depending mainly on traffic. so all in all kev you would be spending about an hour and a half coming to antioch. hey if you come by there maybe you can stop by here at vallejo R/C!

hudson5150
12-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Too bad Kevin I was looking forward to giving you some competition.

Who all is going for sure? I would hate to make the hour drive and not see anyone with a micro there.

BLiND
01-01-2004, 06:51 PM
yea my brother has a t3 and a b3 and I talked him into going with me on saturday to race, carpool lane will speed up the drive a bit.

ricer4life48
01-01-2004, 06:56 PM
yea my brother has a t3 and a b3 and I talked him into going with me on saturday to race, carpool lane will speed up the drive a bit.

well kev i hope to see you then also! i have t odo something for my internship over there in antioch so i can go there and check the place out, and maybe race my friends mini-t iono maybe. or ill just check the place out and just watch.

and i dont think i can make it this sunday you guys.

torchedlh
01-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by hudson5150
Too bad Kevin I was looking forward to giving you some competition.

Who all is going for sure? I would hate to make the hour drive and not see anyone with a micro there.

i'm 80% sure i'll be there. i got no car, so i'm waiting for my uncle to give me a decision about whether he's gonna take me or not.

remember, we need atleast 4 people to a class. so do your best to come if you can.

Bighorn
01-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Blind, ah... welcome to NCAL no car pool lane on the weekends moday through friday only. You wont hit to much traffic coming from half moon bay it will be a fast ride just keep it near 75 you'll be fine. Sorry you wont be out for on road have fun with the off road see ya next time.

Byron

PATB
01-03-2004, 10:56 AM
My son and I will do our best to show up. I just installed a Team Orion BB last night. It is too fast for our living room now. However, I am worried something is going to break on this thing, like the dog bones you guys are talking about.

BTW, we don't have any spares, not even a crystal. The car is running on "Band 1." Do we need to get another crystal or some spare parts or are we good to go?

hudson5150
01-03-2004, 03:04 PM
I have some spare 27mhz crystals if need be. As far as breaking parts ... Investing in some dog bones would be a good idead before hand.. otherwise just drive it till something breaks and replace it as it goes. I just got a box full of new parts in the mail today, but have to do homework and will not have time to put em.

hpidriver
01-03-2004, 03:33 PM
I'll see if I can be there tomorrow. How long are the races? 5 min? I only have 2 batt packs right now, lol.

torchedlh
01-03-2004, 04:45 PM
my uncle and i will be there sunday FOR SURE. however, there is a problem, my front diff gears are chewed to ****, and both my LHS dont' have the HPI part tree 73403 that has the gears. so if any of you have that tree or those two plastic gears, i'd be very appreciative if you could bring them up. or if your'e by your LHS and can pick the tree up, i will gladly pay you back for it. i need it for the race. if not, i hope that the little shop at the track carries it.

thanks

hpi driver, the races are usually about 5-8 mins long, you dont need to change packs during the heats. and you'll usually have time to charge them inbetween so 2 packs should be perfect.

ricer4life48
01-03-2004, 05:18 PM
hey sorry you guys cant make it tommorrow, there is a drift race over in sac town so i have to go to that. sorry!

torchedlh
01-03-2004, 07:26 PM
i thought it would be good to make a list of everyone that can and can't go:
torchedlh (me) - YES
hudson5150 -YES
PATB (and son) - YES
hpidriver - MAYBE
Bighorn - MAYBE
BLiND - NO
ricer4life48 - NO

c'mon people. we need atleast 4 to show up. btw, if you wanna post your name that might make it easier sunday. i'm Loren.

PATB
01-03-2004, 07:57 PM
PATB -- YES.

torchedlh
01-03-2004, 08:17 PM
PATB -- YES.

will both of you be entering? if so we got our 4. woohooo.

PATB
01-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Sorry, but we only have one car!

torchedlh
01-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Sorry, but we only have one car!

oooooh. i misunderstood.
well i posted a thread on delta rc's message board hoping to get a few others.

hudson5150
01-04-2004, 01:01 AM
My name is Matt. Big guy wearing black. Torch I have an HPI front one way if you want to use it. Right now my car is in pieces on my kitchen table and I have a lot of homework to finish before I can get back to putting it together. So I am going to be very tired tomorrow too. See you all there and good luck.

torchedlh
01-04-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by hudson5150
My name is Matt. Big guy wearing black. Torch I have an HPI front one way if you want to use it. Right now my car is in pieces on my kitchen table and I have a lot of homework to finish before I can get back to putting it together. So I am going to be very tired tomorrow too. See you all there and good luck.

wow that'd be great. i'd really appreicate that. anyway, get that thing together!!

hudson5150
01-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Thank you all that showed up. I will try to get all my homework done so I can go again next weekend. I will post pics of the race in the gallery later.

hudson5150
01-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Anyone up to a Friday night race this Friday in Gilroy?

Only need 3 to start a class there.

ricer4life48
01-05-2004, 02:51 AM
so hows was the race you guys? who won? who went? how many people were there?

torchedlh
01-05-2004, 01:18 PM
only 3 of us from the board showed up, hudson5150 (Matt), PATB (Pat and his son), and myself (Loren). one of the regular track members did bring his micro and so we had 4. we had 3 qualifying heats and 1 main. this is what the 5 min main looked like:
badboy (the 4th guy) - 20 laps
me - 14 laps
matt - 13 laps
pat's son - 5 laps?

the main was the only actual real competive round as all the previous rounds everyone seemed to have some problems with their cars (glitching, bad batteries, bad connection, loose peices etc.) fortunately my car ran without any problems. anyway, was fun, however the track wasn't prepared very well for micros. we ran on the 1/10 scale track which was fine, but there was a bit of debris on the track and it was just overall dirty, keeping us from getting good traction.

PATB
01-05-2004, 05:28 PM
My son and I had a great time. Can't wait to do it again. Special thanks to Hudson for loaning me his tires and expertise, and to Torch for showing up to complete the class.

Our RTR with Team Orion BB/7.2V did not hold up pretty well. Plasic parts + bad driving = messed up car. I am currently in the process of remedying that...

Hudson, what time is the Gilroy race?

---Pat

NorcaliDrifter
01-05-2004, 10:01 PM
is there going to be another race sunday????ill come.

hudson5150
01-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Gilroy is Saturday at noon, nice carpet track. Torchedlh did I win anything in Antioch? Sorry I had to leave early.