PDA

View Full Version : My 140mm Update...

Gale Force
04-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Well it's still not done but getting very close. I have a few more parts on order (8 to be exact) and it will be complete. I can't wait to run it.

Here are some update pics for you guys,

Gale Force
04-28-2002, 04:32 PM
The second pic,

Gale Force
04-28-2002, 04:32 PM
Last one for now,

NMT_RACER_BOY
04-28-2002, 05:00 PM
i thought big block motors didn't fit in 140mm unless you make mods... did you make mods? if so what did you do?
do you prefere the GPM oil rear shock over the VCS micro? is there a specific reason?

(edit) what body is that?

xxtcrgp
04-28-2002, 06:11 PM
the IPD chassis is the only 140mm set up which you can use a big block

MicroDude
04-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Plus, the IPD 140 is shortened at the middle of the chassis instead of the rear pod. Thats how u fit it in. Sweet stuff, is it all aftermarket(except the belt)?

Honda Hunter
04-28-2002, 07:16 PM
hey, our cars are almost identical! except mine is complete. ;) im ganna post pictures tomorrow when theres more daylight out. all im waiting for is my speed 300 which is coming this week. here is a list of mods on my car:

IPD RS 140 Limited Pro chassis kit
IPD complete 1.5 mm slam kit
IPD complete stainless steel screw set
GPM aluminum threaded rear damper (purple)
GPM aluminum front shock set (purple)
GPM foam front bumper (purple)
Powerline Racing delrin rear ball diff.
GH front ball diff. (purple)
GH aluminum front universals (purple)
ARM speed 300 motor plate (costom polished)
Ofna NiMh 1100 6 brick cell battery pack
LRP quantum reverse ESC
Novak XXL FM reciever Futaba (75 mh)
Futaba magnum junior FM transmiter (75 mh)
Hitech HS-81 MG micro servo
Graupner speed 300 motor (coming this week)
HPI 13 tooth steel pinion

BTW, your car is looking great man! what do you plan on doing for a batt. pack?

xxtcrgp
04-28-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by MicroDude
Plus, the IPD 140 is shortened at the middle of the chassis instead of the rear pod. Thats how u fit it in. Sweet stuff, is it all aftermarket(except the belt)?

rims, front gear box, belt, inner rims all look stock to me

Mykroe
04-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Gale Force, how did you cut the wheel wells? You did a good job.

TFRMicro
04-28-2002, 09:24 PM
nice....

Gale Force
04-28-2002, 09:26 PM
NMT_RACER_BOY - No mods are needed to install a Big Block into the IPD Racing Pro Pan chassis, like MicroDude said, they take 10mm out of the middle of the chassis. This gives you the room needed for the Big Block and the rear suspension of a 150mm chassis. As for the shocks, the VSC will not fit on this chassis without mods. I see an easy way to do it, but don't see it as being necessary when using the GPM oil shock.

MicroDude - I have very few stock items on this car...

Honda Hunter - Thanks man! Sounds like you have a very sweet car yourself! For batteries I will be making a pack using the OFNA brick cells. I built a similar pack for my 150mm Micro and like it a lot.

xxtcrgp - I don't have any rims on yet, Front gear box is a GH Ball Diff, but you are right on the belt and inner rims, they are stock.

Mykroe - I'm not sure I understand, do you mean cut the wheel wells? They were the pre-cut ones.

TFRMicro - Thanks dude!

I have included a pic of the GH Ball Diff/pully assembly,

armithius
04-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by xxtcrgp
the IPD chassis is the only 140mm set up which you can use a big block
This is not true, you can use the Big Block/Speed 300 on any 140 chassis. However the IPD is the only chassis to allow you to do this without having to modify a whole mess of stuff. Take a look, pics and all on how to do it. http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=529&highlight=big+block+viper

xxtcrgp
04-29-2002, 12:22 AM
woops. Sorry, I meant without modifications....duh!

galeforce, GPM calls the front gear box the thing that holds on to the front diff; or also known as lower suspension plate

Mykroe
04-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Oops yeah I meant to say cut, i just edited it. Anyways does anyone here have tips on cuttin the body?

MicroDude
04-29-2002, 05:35 PM
Be careful with your scissors :D Use the curved part to the inside, and angle them slightly so the blade inside the body is away from the edge of the wheelwell, and the blade on the outside is closer to the edge of the wheelwell. Woooh, try sayin wheelwell 5 times fast :D

Mykroe
04-29-2002, 05:58 PM
thanks i will take note of that when i cut my body.

Gale Force
04-29-2002, 10:45 PM
I like to cut my bodies before I paint them. There is no risk of scratching paint then. Take your time cutting, keep it as straight as possible and then finish up with a bit of sanding. I use 220 grit.

Jay