PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist! Speed 300 Heatsink

Raydee
12-16-2003, 08:25 PM
A Speed 300 heat sink would be great on the Xray. The problem is it needs to be like a half moon shape so that it won't hit the rive shaft or the chassis.

supersly_jones
12-17-2003, 09:33 PM
yeah...thats one thing i want too...but what i really want is a SERVO SAVER...i can't keep my servo tuned in for more then a lap of my basement...whenver the servo torques one full direction it offsets it because it is hitting the chassi anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Pipeous
12-18-2003, 02:14 AM
Hey raydee, how about using heatsink epoxy, you know for computer heatsinks, like the old pentiums used to use. good heat transfer and will stick it to the motor. Then just cut down another heatsink a bit and stick it on.

Raydee
12-18-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Pipeous
Hey raydee, how about using heatsink epoxy, you know for computer heatsinks, like the old pentiums used to use. good heat transfer and will stick it to the motor. Then just cut down another heatsink a bit and stick it on.

Yeah I thought about that! I may give that a try.

Rxdiracing2003
01-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Yea a heatsink would be really nice. That little motor gets pretty hot.

Pipeous
01-20-2004, 07:12 AM
The motor mount we are trying to figure out would incorporate a heatsink. But it will take a while to work it out.

Hey Machine, I want that m18, wanna trade it to me or sell it?
Trade you the mini t for it.....
I will get another mini t later....

Inferno
01-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Ya...... realllllllllllly need a heatsink and lower gears.:mad: Oh so PO'd I just burnt up a Ruby race motor after only 6 runs.It looks like one of the brushes disintegrated cuz I can only see one now.The heat must be far too much.

camarillonovice
01-25-2004, 10:43 PM
ya those motors u have to gear way down

Pipeous
01-26-2004, 04:12 PM
I had this ofna 8th scale finned motor mount in hand thinking hmm. how much dremmeling.

Take a look at helihobby at the clamp on motor mounts they sell for the hummingbird. it uses a 300 mtor. They sell a clamp on mount that should be perfect

PART#CNE061
http://www.helihobby.com/assets/images/mainMotorHeatSink.jpg
only 5.95

camarillonovice
01-26-2004, 07:50 PM
buy like two or three of them and that should work

Pipeous
01-27-2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by camarillonovice
buy like two or three of them and that should work

There wouldn't be enough motor can for 3 haha...maybe 2 but really, the draws on a motor in a heli is a lot more than you'd think, and this has saved a lot of them. Just wanted to share a cool find from another passion of mine. Things are more cross related than not...