PDA

View Full Version : Places to Run Micros in So Cal

DRFT_HACHIROKU
12-14-2003, 12:01 AM
i'm a newbie to the micro rs4s. i've raced 1/10 on-road and off-road and now i wanna get in to micro racing. i was just wondering where i can race my micro near the san diego area. let me know where i can do it.

Akura2
12-14-2003, 12:17 AM
http://socalrc.com/

Intelligentsia
12-14-2003, 12:56 AM
Yup,

That is the hot spot for all of us So Cal racers.

Gwarmageddon
12-14-2003, 12:55 PM
what's up intelli? Me and my pops are going to come down there with kevin on the 20th. How much is it to run, and how much was it for the transponder? i need to know how much cash to save for the weekend.:D hehehe, new track to race at.:eek:

Intelligentsia
12-14-2003, 01:01 PM
$17 total including transponder rental. Bring your seven cell cars on down :D

Gwarmageddon
12-14-2003, 01:56 PM
seven cells??? you might need seven to beat me, oh wait its going to be my first time at socal, i might need a rookie micro class!!! thanx for the info:) mmmm new track:D <~~drools

Intelligentsia
12-14-2003, 02:03 PM
I don't even have a seven cell pack.

I have some tricks in store for you guys. I wish you the best grasshoppa.

DRFT_HACHIROKU
12-14-2003, 02:57 PM
is that the closest track to the san diego area?

Gwarmageddon
12-14-2003, 05:30 PM
must be the new bearing k3 motor and a kelton 10DS chassis??? i've been watching over you:eek: I know that you set TQ with 16 laps, and won your main with 17. hook me up with one of your new motors, a couple of practice sessions at socal, and watch out!:D

i'm not sure if its the closest to san diego, but lamar drives to socal from san diego alot.

Intelligentsia
12-14-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey Daniel,

You are wrong about the motor, you are wrong about the chassis and you are also wrong about that TQ :p. Where are you obtaining this "intelligence?"

BTW, SoCal is the closest permanent onroad track to San Diego.

Gwarmageddon
12-14-2003, 06:19 PM
i was guessing on the motor/chassis combo. and i pulled some info on you from socal's race results site. i think those time were from november. what are your tricks that are up your sleeves? you got that little BRP of yours hooked up at socal? a two wheel drive pan car with the right motor and suspension setup would be wicked.:)

Intelligentsia
12-14-2003, 06:20 PM
E-mail me with your #

I will call you.

Gwarmageddon
12-14-2003, 06:39 PM
welcome, you've got mail. AOL is the devil

DRFT_HACHIROKU
12-14-2003, 10:12 PM
since SoCal is a little too far for me to go every weekend, i was wondering if there were any micro racers in san diego that are down to race in san diego periodically just for fun?

Intelligentsia
12-14-2003, 10:15 PM
SoCal is not every weekend. Our SoCal races are on the first and third Saturday of every month.

It took many months of planning to develop the amount of micro racers that we have on a continual basis.

Good luck rounding up racers in the San Diego area.

RadiShack
12-15-2003, 06:10 PM
Cool,we can have a rematch now since kdr!And u too lamarr!;)
________
BUSINESS OVERHEAD EXPENSE DISABILITY INSURANCE DICUSSION (http://www.insurance-forums.org/business-overhead-expense-disability-insurance/)

GreenHoverCraft
12-16-2003, 12:06 AM
yes a rematch... or something close to that

but guys the limit at socal is 6cells.... just to let yall know

if im gonna rematch someone it better be by the rules... lol

Intelligentsia
12-16-2003, 12:08 AM
blah blah

Lets just go out and have some fun jeez.

GreenHoverCraft
12-16-2003, 12:14 AM
yah yah yah

you talk about your secrets and how others need 7 cells to win... and then you say lets just have fun.... lol you make me laugh

but the rematch between Myself, RS and GW is a true rematch

we really didnt get a chance to face each other balls out due to mother nature at KDR... this is our rematch to see who is who...

and its still gonna be fun... dont get me wrong...

Intelligentsia
12-16-2003, 12:17 AM
I don't have any secrets. If you knew me (which you don't) you would know that I was messing around.

What do you mean true rematch? As opposed to a false rematch right?

ALapDown
12-16-2003, 12:37 AM
Is it hot in here?

GreenHoverCraft
12-16-2003, 12:38 AM
woah woah... chill intell getting kinda edgy lately huh....lol

finals over with yet?

a false rematch is a rematch that is rigged... i guess

i meant it wasnt like a movie rematch where the bad guy challenges the good guy to duel after duel cuz he is evil like that

its a rematch in the sense of a re-race... there is that better? :p

GreenHoverCraft
12-16-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by ALapDown
Is it hot in here?

Bout friggen time your joined this conversation!!!

lol jk

Intelligentsia
12-16-2003, 12:41 AM
Maybe I am a bit edgy.

My house was flooded todan and a lot of my stuff is thrashed.

So yes, I may be a bit edgy. I apologize.

GreenHoverCraft
12-16-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Intelligentsia
Maybe I am a bit edgy.

My house was flooded todan and a lot of my stuff is thrashed.

So yes, I may be a bit edgy. I apologize.

are you ok?

is the BRP ok?

im so sorry to hear that. hopefully nothing is permanently thrashed...

ALapDown
12-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by GreenHoverCraft

Bout friggen time your joined this conversation!!!

lol jk
;)

tunerjetta29
12-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Hey anyone have any tips to keep my wheels from moving in on the hubs in the middle of the race. With the HPI setup my wheels keep sliding all the way on (even though the grooves dont go all the way back). This was causing a lot of my traction roll and i definetly need to fix it. Any tips?

Gwarmageddon
12-16-2003, 05:59 PM
cut up some zip-ties and place them inside between the hub and the wheel. works sweet:)

Gwarmageddon
12-16-2003, 06:00 PM
flooded in your house man? that sucks. is anything ruined, hope not:(

birchrc1
12-16-2003, 07:04 PM
I heard about carpool down to SoCal with Bliind, Gwarmageddon & pop's :p . Do car have 3 or 4 seat's:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Gwarmageddon
12-16-2003, 07:49 PM
your going homie:D Blind is going to take his dads blazer, has four seats in it so we are all going to go down there!:) Call my dad and find out more details and set up a place to meet up. i know i'm going to pick up my dad in the morning, maybe you could drive down to my house and park your truck there, and blind could pick all of us at my place.

GreenHoverCraft
12-17-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Gwarmageddon
cut up some zip-ties and place them inside between the hub and the wheel. works sweet:)

DOH why didnt i think of that!!!

ALapDown
12-17-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by GreenHoverCraft

DOH why didnt i think of that!!!
It's a sweet little trick. I use strips of lexan cut to exact widths (per Motek's instruction), but the zip ties are close enough and much easier.

Akura2
12-17-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey Intell... how's that house-flooding thing working out?

And was your girl mad at you for coming out to SoCal last night?

:D

Intelligentsia
12-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Haha,

she wasn't mad. The house, they will need to replace the entire ceiling :(

Good running last night man.

Gwarmageddon
12-17-2003, 01:13 PM
damn, the entire ceiling? what happened man? must have been one crazy party:eek: that sucks dude. well there's only a couple o' days left till socal, i can't wait!:D

Intelligentsia
12-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Should be fun.

RadiShack
12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
3 days! Unfortunately I will probably be racing just open mod.....Did'nt have enough time to build it yet.I had alot of homework because its the last week till break so lol I really wanted to race stock class!All I need is 2 hours to build it!Well Danny u should get there earlie to practice and get a pit spot!Because if u come late when u practuice MANY big cars will smack u!I just hope I wont have to pit at the offroadtrack pits..
________
JAGUAR V12 ENGINE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_V12_engine)

RadiShack
12-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Or add some lead weights to ur car to smack the big cars back if they hit u!:)
________
Iolite Vaporizer (http://iolitevaporizer.net/)

camarillonovice
12-17-2003, 09:56 PM
dam radishck to hours i can take apart my car down to the chassis and then but it back together n like a half in hour u can even ask blind or danny

Gwarmageddon
12-18-2003, 05:40 PM
yeah, brandon like to take his car apart atleast two times on racedays. yo B, if your car works good the day before the race, dont take it apart first thing when you get to the track dude! you might start finishing races that way:p

birch, are you still going to socal this saturday???

kevin- you still alive out there? call me or my pops to organize the trip down there. thanks for the ride dude:D

RadiShack
12-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Its not that im slow,but the way i setup my car when build it .I can,t tell but if i build a regular stock micro itll take me 15 min.I rebuild my car alot on race days too,but IM NOT SLOW!
________
Stocks To Buy Now (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

BLiND
12-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Gwarmageddon
kevin- you still alive out there? call me or my pops to organize the trip down there. thanks for the ride dude:D

short of, I'll be down on saturday but my cell phone is DEAD now, doesn't even stay on for more than 5 minutes at a time....

I'll try to call you tomarrow, I'm up at my brothers in san jose right now, tomarrow I'm going to go look at the mustang I'm interested in...hopefully I get a new toy :D

I'm planning on leaving here by 6am at the latest on saturday morning, I'll try to steal my dads cell phone as well as his car so I can coordinate the meet.

birchrc1
12-18-2003, 09:53 PM
YES :confused: :D :p

camarillonovice
12-18-2003, 10:56 PM
hey rob how u gettin there can u get me a ride

ALapDown
12-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by BLiND

short of, I'll be down on saturday but my cell phone is DEAD now, doesn't even stay on for more than 5 minutes at a time....

I'll try to call you tomarrow, I'm up at my brothers in san jose right now, tomarrow I'm going to go look at the mustang I'm interested in...hopefully I get a new toy :D

I'm planning on leaving here by 6am at the latest on saturday morning, I'll try to steal my dads cell phone as well as his car so I can coordinate the meet.
Sounds like your phone could use one of those Blind Battery packs...HA HA HA!!! I kill me!!! HA HA HA!!!!:D