PDA

View Full Version : Funny junk here, Dude!

MicroDude
04-21-2002, 09:10 AM
Ok, so im marshalling the A-Main of stock on Oval night, and my dad's friend gets taken out in turn 1. He curses loud enough for everyone in the whole building to hear it, and drives his car into one of the better drivers, who in turn puts my dads friend in the wall. He turns around, drives toward the infield but doesnt make it there in time. His car gets hit about 5 times and does a barrel roll into the TC boards in the middle of the infield. I run out, turn him around, run back, almost getting my foot sliced off. Heh, you thought 1/8 scales were bad :D. Meanwhile, one of the more seasoned, older, and less aware drivers is trying to get his car under control. It's doing circles at full speed halfway between the apron and the wall. The bottom of his radio is hanging by the wires, and batteries are falling out of the damn thing like a bird takin a ****. My dad's friend makes a desperate attempt to get through the other guy's circling car, and fails. they hit head to head, my dads friend's car is flipped on its lid, and the other guy's car is dead. 3 wheels are now rolling across the front straight. My dad's friend threw his radio into the pit area, got off the drivers stand, and lit up a smoke right over his pit towel. Soon an ash falls on the towel and half the damn thing is on fire. Then, he took a rag and tried to put it out with that. Now the rag is on fire. My dad's friend is so pissed, he grabs the first can of traction compound he sees and dumps it on the fire. It's been sized down, but not totally dead. His car stand is now attached to both the pit towel AND the table. I get off the track and throw him my brother's Aquafina. Finally the fire is out. My dad's friend packs up his **** and leaves immediately. This all happened within the 4 minute race. Remember the guy my dad's friend took into the wall? He won. He was the only one out of 7 people to not crash more than 3 times. Heres the best part: There was a crowd of 60 watching that race. :D

Mykroe
04-21-2002, 10:14 AM
LOL! 4 minutes and all hell breaks loose...

TFRMicro
04-21-2002, 10:41 AM
That's a BAD day....:(

MicroDude
04-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but my dad's friend kinda deserves it. Theres always a race where something goes horribly wrong, and he deals with it in the absolute worst way possible. If he gets hit 3 times, he'll collapse his radio antenna and get off the drivers stand. His philosophy on oval racing is "Im faster, get out of my way." My dad has 2 main friends that race w/ us usually... Butch and Dave. Butch and Dave are co-dependant, if you will. Butch drives Dave's quarter scale in Rockford, IL, and Dave loans Butch his 2nd best batteries, motors, the works.... Butch and Dave were in the same qualifier that night. The race was over a couple seconds earlier, and people were just starting to pull their cars onto the infield. Dave was slowing down, since his time just finished, and Butch was still on the throttle. Dave had about 18 inches between him and the wall, and Butch nails him from behind. After the race: "Oh, I guess I didn't give you enough room."

ZeroSanity
05-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Kinda reminds me of when my friend was marshaling a 1/8 buggy race and the track was a little too small for them and there was a corner right after a jump, thats where he was, and two of the buggies flew, one almost took off his head and the other crashed about two feet away from his body.